Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"The Beast"

Since it was a blistering 95 degrees today, we decided to use our free pass for " THE BEAST". "THE BEAST" is a speedboat that takes a group of people around the island for a cruise/sightseeing event. They warn you that while on the beast you might get a bit wet from all the waves, so we took precaution and wore our swimsuits. Once we were on the boat, it was a blast! The director was hilarious and straight from New York. They had Michael Jackson's " ABC" and " Sweet Home Alabama" playing in the background, and we got to take a boat ride around the statue of liberty, Ellis Island, and the skyline of Manhattan. However, we did not get wet, which was kind of a bummer because it was so hot.

The whole group waiting for the subway


My roomie is ready for the beast!

"THE BEAST"


The Statue of Liberty

NYC skyline
After that we headed back into Brooklyn and showered to go out to eat. We decided to go to K-town (Korean Town) to try some new food. However, once we got there we got scared about trying new food, and sticker prices, so we went with what we knew...pizza. We went to a great pizzeria though! I had a piece with fresh mozzarella and sausage and a size salad. After dinner, we found Macy's. My mother has been wanting me to find Macy's since I've been here and I finally did!! The group had to put up with me exploring the shoe section, but they got over it. We also got to ride on the original wooden escalators! I can't wait to go back and shop all 7 floors, but will wait to do that on a rainy day and with my mother and sister.
Brandon is interning at the Martha Stewart show so he had to support.

Original wooden escalator
Brandon and Barbara

" K-town"--look closely on the banner




Overall it was a great day! Tomorrow we are going to head out into the city early to try our luck on the student rush tickets for the show " Promises, Promises". It stars Kristin Chenoweth and Shawn Hays. I've been dying to go to this show and hope we get tickets! I'll keep ya posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment