Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Promises, Promises"

Yesterday was such a GREAT day! We woke up very early and headed into Manhattan. We wanted to make sure we got to the " Promises, Promises" box office when it opened, so we could get the best student rush tickets. We ended up getting 5 tickets together in the 3rd to the last row, which is a bargain for $30! We walked around Manhattan more and discovered Bryant Park. Bryant Park is such a wonderful get away! I could imagine the fashion runways there from watching too much Project Runway Bryant Park is also the venue that GMA uses for its summer concert series! We are going to try to go to Rhianna and Katie Perry's concert in the upcoming days. We found some much needed front porch rockers and took a rest for a few minutes. We then decided to go check out Grand Central Station.  It's pretty neat! It was nothing what I was imagining, but still a landmark to hit while I'm in NYC. We also explored into Pop-Tart World. We weren't very impressed with the store, but decided we would come back and try their " pop-tart sushi", which includes fruit roll up's as the seaweed and crushed up pop-tarts as the middle.We grabbed a quick lunch at a food stand on the street and I had the best Lamb pita! Very fresh! We wanted to catch a quick rest before the show, so we decided to head back to Brooklyn.
Bryant Park
Inside Grand Central Station
Pop-tart Skyline of NYC
For Mom,Dad, and Kendal!
Wonderful Rocking Chairs


I was so excited to go to this show! I have been wanting to see Kristin Chenoweth perform for as long as I can remember. She has become more popular with her performances on "Glee" and her Broadway appearance in " WICKED". I love her because she is so petite and has a powerhouse voice! She is actually 4'11! The same height as me! I also was very interested in this show because it starred Sean Hayes. He played the character Jack in the TV show " Will and Grace". The show was WONDERFUL! We got to move up to the 3rd row in the balcony because it wasn't sold out! The show was very funny and I thought Sean Hayes did a fabulous job! I couldn't help but see " jack" in him. After the show, we raced down to the stage door to try to catch the stars before they left. They usually will sign autographs, talk to the fans, and take pictures with them after the show. I was so lucky to get Sean Hayes and Kristin Chenoweth's autograph and picture! After, we decided to go to " Juniors" again for some much needed cheesecake. We then headed back to Brooklyn and called it a night.
Kristin Chenoweth!
Her assistant and cute dog!
Kelly and I
The whole group
"Marge", she won a Tony for her role as supporting actress
Sean Hayes
Me with the Poster
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Before...
After
Barbara, Brandon, and I at Juniors

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you were the close to them!!! Thats so awesome and that cheesecake looked AMAZING!!! Hope you can bring some back for us here in Nashville!!

    ReplyDelete