Sunday, August 22, 2010

The day of rest

Today was a much needed day of rest. I slept in till about 11:00 and then we were trapped in our room because the hallway finally got carpet! So, we turned on the TV and watched 1 of our 4 channels we receive. It was awesome. Sometimes it just feels good to stay in your pj's and watch TV you know? Later on, Rebekah and I researched some nearby churches in Brooklyn. Rebekah found this church called Trinity Grace church that seemed good, so we decided to go to their 5:00 service.

I think the Lord really must have been testing our patience this evening because it seemed like forever for the train to get to our stop. Sometimes trains are not very reliable in the city. It reminds me that I really don't have control over everything. A good lesson. It's so different having to base the amount of time to reach a destination when you take a train. I'm so used to getting in my car and it taking about 20 min to get to almost anywhere in Nashville. I guess I have been spoiled. The church service was really great! Smaller, non-denominational church that was located in a nice location in Brooklyn. They had a guest pastor from another branch come in to give the sermon tonight, so it was hard to know what the regular pastor was like. We will have to go back and check it out! At church, we ran across a guy who just graduated Belmont in May! What a small world! We knew each other face from working in Freshman orientation together. It turns out he moved out to NYC and it was his first time visiting this church as well! It was such a coincidence! Makes me remember that their are people from the south that live in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment