Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday

We decided to take today a bit easier because we have been going all week long! It was much needed. Everyone slept in and had a relaxing morning. A few of us wondered to the laundry mat for our first time. It wasn't bad...but i must say our neighborhood is very diverse. There was every culture imaginable at the laundry mat this morning! It was fairly cheap too! 1.75 per load in the wash...not too bad for NYC.

After spending a good amount of time at the laundry mat we ventured to a local Barnes and Noble a few subway stops down. One of the classes I am taking this semester is called Artist Management. Our teacher has already sent us over 50 e-mails of articles that we should be aware of and our class starts next Tuesday!! Needless to say, we started reading the e-mails. I found a great spot in Barnes and Noble, right near the MCAT study books... I must say I did get distracted a lot from all the cute med. students close by. That is definitely  the place to study!

We decided to stay in tonight. We ordered some Chinese food and watched "Tommy Boy" and "17 Again" on the big screen. Afterwards, all the girls hung out and had a good  girl bonding time. I'm really happy to say that I'm getting to know the girls in the program more and more each day! I've really come to appreciate everyone of them and I'm excited about the up and coming semester. I do miss my friends very much back in Fayetteville and Nashville, so it is good to feel a sense of community and friendship here in NYC.  In the last few days I have also become more acquainted with the staff and " RA's" here in the building. All of them seem very nice and are glad to have English students living here! ( most of the students that live here are international). Yesterday, I also met a guy that just graduated from Auburn named Alabee. He is originally from Nicaragua and is a HUGE SEC fan! He was so glad to meet people from the south and told us that we have to watch SEC football together. Even though he is an Auburn fan, he was really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment