Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday

This week has been pretty normal so far...nothing too exciting going around here. We are supposed to get 4 inches of rain tomorrow because of the tropical storm, so tomorrow  will not be a fun day in the city. The Yankee's have made it to the playoff's! Even thought I'm not a huge MLB fan, it is exciting that the team in the current city I'm living in made it to the playoff's. Everyone in the city (except for the Met's fans) are showing their Yankee's gear off wherever they go.

My supervisor at Universal is in Nashville right now with one of our writers. Before she went to Nashville, she asked me if I knew any songwriter's in Nashville that would like to co-write with her writer. I sent a couple of e-mails out, and ended up setting up a writing sessions with another writer I know! It felt really good to be able to use some of my connections I've made in Nashville to help me out in NYC. It really goes to show you that the Music Business really goes co-exist between L.A, NYC, and Nashville.

I've really been thinking about my friend Kristen lately. All day today I have been reminded about her and about little secrets and things we have shared. I really do miss her. It's funny that when someone is gone, you really do realize how much you miss their friendship and the ability to still communicate with them. Even though I can't call her or text her, I still find ways to talk to her and I know she is always up there listening. I'm doing the " Light for the Night" walk here in NYC in honor of Kristen. All the proceeds directly benifit the Leukeumia and Lymphoma research. If you would like to check out my team website and donate to the cause, I'll include the link at the bottom. My team has earned a little of half of our goal!! Only 2 weeks left!

http://pages.lightthenight.org/nyc/Manhattn10/JUreckis
 Light the Night Walk 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment