Sunday, September 26, 2010

John Legend and The Roots/ Roof Top Party/ Arkansas Game

Man this weekend has been packed!! I guess my weekend started on Thursday when my friend Barbara received 2 tickets from her internship to the John Legend and the Roots concert! It was at a venue in NYC called Terminal 5. Very cool venue, but it was general admission seating which can be a pain at times, especially for someone who is 5 foot. However, John Legend put on an AMAZING concert! At the beginning of the concert he actually entered through the audience and I was able to touch him! He also had Jennifer Hudson, Common, and Estelle make special appearances! Check out his new CD! It's really worth a listen.

Friday night I was invited by my internship to a show/party that was feat. a band that one of our writer's had 8 cuts on their newest CD. They are called Fitz and The Tantrums. Really fun music! The venue of the party was in SoHo--very NICE part of the city. The place was called SoHo House. It is a very exclusive, member only place to have dinner and relax. The show was on the roof top, which included a full bar, a pool, tables, nice pool lounge couches, and of course a little place for the band. The band put on a great performance! The sound wasn't ideal, but they made the best of it. I was joined by 2 women I work with, one of their roommates, and one of their sister-in-laws. It was so nice to have a nice conversation and drinks with them! They really made me feel welcomed, and the whole night just felt like we were girlfriends hanging out. After the show we ended up staying a couple more hours (because we most likely will never be able to come back to this place!) , so we took advantage of our time their and enjoyed the roof top.

Saturday I found a bar that would play the Arkansas Vs. Alabama game (since we don't receive CBS in the room). I must say seeing all the fans and facebook status' made me wish i was there!! I made a couple of friends in the bar though that were from MO. They helped me call the Hogs and comforted me when we lost. I'm still proud of my Hogs though!

Here's a couple of pics from the Yankee's game that I promised!


No comments:

Post a Comment