Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Break!!


I'm officially on Fall break!!! This means that Monday and Tuesday I won't have class! WOO HOO! It also means that many Belmont students are here in NYC visiting. Some of my friends came up to visit, and it is so good to see them. They want to explore NYC, see the sites, and going to all the "cool" spots that we have found so far. Last night we went to a restaurant called " ChipShop" in Brooklyn. It is a English Restaurant that serves amazing fish and chips as well as Shepard's pie! They also are famous for frying up snickers, oreo's, and anything else you want to be fried! It has been on food channel's " unwrapped" and on the travel channel.

On Thursday night I participated in " Light the Night", a walk to support Leukemia and Lymphoma research. It was a very moving experience. There were thousands who showed up, despite the hard pouring rain, and walked. Each walker carried with them a different color balloon: red for supporter, white for survivor, and gold for in memory of. The walk took place across the Brooklyn Bridge...a beautiful structure. My team raised $910!! Thank you for all of you who have donated and supported me and helped me honor Kristen Graham.

Tonight we are going to go out to a bar called " Beauty Bar". It's in the lower east side and used to be an old hair salon. It still has the old styling chairs in it too! I've heard great things about, so it should be fun!

This coming week is the CMJ fest in NYC. Its basically a music festival that happens in venues around the city. It is mostly unknown artists or artists who are signed to indie labels. Most of the music business company's are scouting out which shows to go to in order to get new talent. I'm going to a show on Tuesday and Wednesday night! I'll make sure to update after them!

No comments:

Post a Comment