Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Day

So today the office was closed because of Columbus Day!! Which means I have had a great day sleeping in, watching Dexter ( my new favorite show), and enjoying some quiet time. Unfortunately, we still have class tonight though...

 On Saturday, I was so excited to go to lunch with Courtney and Kelsi Farmer! They went to high school and college with me at Belmont, and were just visiting NYC for a couple of days. We dined at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill for lunch. I love Bobby Flay's show and was very exciting to finally go to one of his restaurants. It was pretty good. I ordered a Cuban pork sandwich with southwestern fries. The fries sure had Bobby's kick to them! I would like to try this place out for dinner sometime and see what is on their dinner menu. Regardless, it was so nice to see the girls! Sometimes you just need to see familiar faces in a big city like this! After lunch, I took a stroll in Union Square and somehow wound up in Fieline's Basement. Fielines is a WONDERFUL discount clothing and shoe department store. It is almost like T.J. Maxx. I purchased a pair of wonderful black boots for the winter and then made my way back home.

This coming Friday-Tues my friend and roommate for 2 years Rachel McAlister is coming up to visit! I'm so excited to see her and experience some NYC treats with her! I'm not sure what we have planned on the list, but I know that Serendipity is defiantly on there. Also, this Thursday is the " Light for the Night" walk on the Brooklyn Bridge for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'm so blessed to be honoring my friend Kristen who passed away about a month ago from Leukemia. I'll be posting some pics from the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment