Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More Visitors!

We were welcomed with more friends from Nashville this past weekend! 2 lovely ladies stayed with us and experienced the city for the first time!

On Friday, I was invited to go to a CMJ networking event for a group called " Women In Music". It is a member-only society that puts together events for women ( and men) working in the Music Business industry. It was a great way to meet working women in the industry and is reasonably priced for a year's membership! Its website includes job postings and industry events that members can attend. I'm going to have to look into this group's Nashville branch and hopefully become more involved! Friday Night a few of us visited my friend Melissa (from Fayetteville) who goes to Columbia University. Man that University is pretty! They have a HUGE library, but their campus feels a lot like Belmont. It was so great seeing her and hanging out with her friends. I hope to see her a few more times before I go back to Nashville/Fayetteville. I can't explain how nice it is to see a familiar face!

Saturday, I attended a CMJ show for my supervisor since we was out of town. The band is called Everything Everything and they are from the U.K. They put on a good show! I met with band and their manager after the show and they were very friendly! Plus they had British accents...it doesn't get any better! After that all of us met up for dinner at the famous Katz's Deli. This deli is known for the famous orgasm scene in the movie " When Harry Met Sally". I ordered the famous Pastrami on rye with mustard and it was delicious! And huge! Afterwards, we saw that Andy Davis ( a Belmont Alum) was playing in NYC for free, so we decided to go show our support. It was nice hearing a little bit of Nashville that night!

So far this week is going by slow...however on Thursday I'm getting my haircut at Nick Arojo's Salon ( the hair stylist from " What Not To Wear on TLC). I volunteered to be a model for a creative hair cutting class. Normally to get your hair cut there is $500, but I'm getting a hair cut for $25! You can't beat that! I'll make sure to include pics!

1 comment:

  1. Jordan, I just read all your blogs from the past couple of weeks and I can't tell you how jealous I am of you! Its amazing to me how much you've been able to see and hear being up there and I know you'll come back from this experience prepared for basically anything! You've done a great job and I am so happy you're enjoying your time up there :)

    ReplyDelete