Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30th Blog Post!

WHOO HOO!! 30th Post. I feel like this is so kind of anniversary or monument I should celebrate! I'm actually really surprised I've kept with it this long....

On Wednesday I met with an Arkansas Alumnae who just moved up here with her husband. It was so great to finally put a face with her name (as I've been told I have to meet her for the past 5 years). We met in Brooklyn and talked about good ol' Arkansas and mutual friends. She told me about a bar in Manhattan that is owned by Arkansas Alumni and they play EVERY Arkansas football game! It is decked out with Arkansas gear and posters as well! I'm going to have to check this out! Maybe we will check it out for the Arkansas Vs. LSU game when my family is here visiting.

On Friday for class we went to see the new musical " Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson". I really enjoyed it! It's about President Andrew Jackson and they portray him in a new, 21st century way. It is a very controversial show and is pretty offending, but the set is incredible! The ceiling of the theatre is lined with Christmas lights, and they have very cool props, such as a dead deer carcass hanging from the ceiling. If you get the chance to go see this show, do it! Very  funny and entertaining. My friend from high school, Melissa, was able to join our class to go see it! She is writing her senior thesis on the show. It is so nice that we are getting to see each other while I'm up here! I love hanging out with her.

On Saturday, We went out to dinner and a movie! We saw Morning Glory with Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, and Rachel McAdams. It was a good " feel good" movie. Go see it!

On Sunday, my friend and future housemate, Barbara Detch, played a show at the Bitter End. She did a great job!! She played on a piano that many famous singer/songwriters have played on. I was very proud of her! She had a pretty crowded audience too!

I was able to experience something very real last Friday...cut backs. One of the people I work under was laid off last Friday. Our office experienced quite a few cut backs. It was a very " real" situation. Unfortunately, the economy is still not doing well, and businesses have to take action. It really becomes real when you see someone you work with get laid off. She will be fine though and will fine something! I'm sure of it!

Speaking of jobs, I was able to get my friend Kelly an interview with Universal Publishing! They are hiring a Film/TV assistant and my supervisor offered my the interview, but since I haven't graduated yet I couldn't interview. However, I was able to suggest my friend who graduates in December. I wish her the best of luck, and hope she gets it!

2 comments:

  1. They need to have a bar like that in DC. Maybe they do... I should find out. I hate not being able to watch some of the games!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check with the University of Arkansas Alumni Chapter of D.C! I'm sure they do!

    ReplyDelete