Thursday, September 9, 2010

Exciting things!

Last night I went to dinner with a Belmont Alum named Rachel Perkins. She lives here in NYC now and is doing some part time work until she finds a job. She took me to this AWESOME restaurant called " S'Mack". "S'Mack" is all about macaroni and cheese!!! They have all different styles, flavors, and combination you could ask for! I got the Cajun Mac and Cheese and it included peppers and  sausage! It was very yummy. It was so cute too because they serve it on individual skillets! I will definitely be going back there. For dessert we went to the famous "Magnolia Bakery". This place has been feat. in Sex and The City and numerous movies and shows. It was such a cute little shop filled with cupcakes, cakes, and puddings. Rachel told me that the best thing they had was their banana pudding....of course that's what I got! It was delicious! Maybe even better than Paula Dean's...but don't tell her that!

Last night I also bought tickets to my first Yankee's game!!! While I'm not a huge Yankee's fan or MLB fan for that matter, my father insisted that I must go to a Yankee's game while I was in NYC. We were SO lucky and got tickets for $10 in the bleachers behind home plate! How we got this, I have no idea. So on 9/20 I will see the Yankee's play Tampa Bay! The Yankee's are doing well this year too! In the battle for 1st place! I can't wait!

Today has been rather slow...most of the office is out on vacation still. I'm trying to use my time wisely by doing homework, but it is hard to do when you want to listen to new music that is trying to be pitched!

No comments:

Post a Comment