Saturday, September 11, 2010

Friday/Saturday

Friday was Fashion Night Out in NYC. All fashion lover/supporters/designers come out to designer stores and check out the latest collections. After having dinner at our teachers/advisors house we decided to check it out. It was crazy! Everywhere you turned there were fashionable people. We were able to catch glimpses of Rachel Zoe and Karl Lagerfeld ( artistic fashion director of Chanel). There were mobs of people just dying to catch a glimpse!

Today Rebekah and I wondered back to the Brooklyn Flea Market. I love this place! I was on a mission to find new brown fall boots that were reasonably priced. Mission accomplished! I found a great pair of brown tall boots, made of real leather for $45! What a deal. After the flea market, we head to another one of our favorite Brooklyn places, The Tea Lounge. We stayed there, did some reading, and came back home.

Lately I have been really having a hard time. One of my good friends, Kristen Graham, is very sick. She was diagnosed with leukemia about 2 years ago and has been through chemotherapy, a bone marrow transplant, and a cord blood transplant. About 2 weeks ago, after the doctors released her back to Fayetteville, she became very ill. They had to put her on a medical plane back to Houston and find out what was wrong with her. They have semi-diagnosed her with fungal phenomena. She is on a breathing machine and is having high fevers as well as an elevated heart rate. It hurts my heart so much that she is going through this and I wish I could talk to her and be there with her. She had just recently talked to me about coming up to NYC and she was the one who told me I should blog about my experience while I'm here. My prayers are with her and her family right now. Prayers for strength, wisdom for the doctors, and a miracle that she will make it out of this.
Please keep her in your thoughts.

Picture of some of us before Kristen started Treatment



Kristen Today

No comments:

Post a Comment