Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homesick

Today is one of those days that I realize that I am becoming more and more homesick for Nashville and Fayetteville. I don't know why that is. I really do love NYC and love having this experience, but I can't help miss my friends, my dog, and the city of Nashville. I never thought I would say this, but I really do love country music! Ha! When I first came to Nashville, I HATED country music, but now listening to rock/pop music all the time, I miss it. I also miss having my car. I never realized how much a car comes in handy when you need a place to store simply things, like groceries! I also miss getting to places on my own time and not having to wait for the train.

NYC is just a whole new experience for me. I love the energy, things to do, and people watching, but there are certain things that are very inconvenient. I guess I'm just trying to say that I don't see myself living here in the future. This trip, so far, has been confirmation that I do want to live in Nashville and pursue the music business down there.

I have to remember though that this trip is just not to see if I want to live here, it is about networking. This trip is about opening my horizons to the music business in a different city, seeing how different companies handle their daily operations, and making friendships and business connections in a place besides Nashville. I am very grateful for this, and know that this will help my career. This trip is about exploration and answering the question: How do you know you don't like something before you give it a try?

I am exciting about tonight! I am meeting a recent Belmont Alum for dinner. I'm excited to meet and get to know her better and see a familiar face! It's funny how seeing a familiar face will automatically make you feel better in a city with over 1 million people!

We had a great time this past weekend. My roommate, Rebekah, turned 21 so we experienced the city's night life! It was very crowded, but we finally found a spot where we could converse and celebrate! We also went to a really great coffee shop called " Tea Lounge". It was amazing! It was very spacious and had couches and wonderful coffee and tea. It's places like these that make me LOVE New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment