Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mets Game/ RIP Kristen Graham

Today we woke up rather earlier to go to a Mets game! We were able to get tickets on the 1st base line for $13! Even though the Mets are really bad this season, we still wanted to go and check out the stadium and experience a Mets game while we are in NYC.

It took us about an hour to get there, but the subway stop let us out right by the stadium! It was a bit chilly and cloudy, but we made the best of it. I ordered an Italian Sasuage with lots of peppers and enjoyed about 4 innings of the baseball and then received a call.

Last night my friend Kristen passed away. As previously posted, she is a good friend of mine who has battled leukemia for about 2 years now, has been through 2 transplants, and recently became very sick with some kind of fungal issues in her lungs. She passed away peacefully and in no pain. Her kidneys gave out, and she passed away at about 11:30 last night.  I spent the rest of the game making phone calls to other friends who knew her well and had to be the giver of bad news. I will be going back to Fayetteville for the funeral service and to be with friends and family during this mourning period.
I will always remember Kristen. She was a fighter and fought a hard battle. She loved life and people. Kristen and I had several wonderful conversations about life, and I will cherish every memory I have of her. She truly was a bright light in this world. Please continue to pray for her family during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment